Pattishall Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Requests for Non-Attendance at School
In September 2013, the Department of Education made amendments to the School Attendance Regulations to make it clear that Headteachers may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Parents can be fined a fixed penalty notice for taking their child/children out of school during term time without consent from the school. Currently, the fine charged by the County Council will be £60 per adult for each child.
Following discussions with the Campion cluster of schools, please find below a list of allowable absences and those which will now be classed as unauthorised absences.
Allowed absence - authorised
• Emergency medical appointments.
• Specialist medical appointments.
• Day/s for specific religious observance.
• School is closed due to unforeseen circumstances.
• Attendance at an approved educational event at another site (eg music or dance exam)
• Family bereavement.
• Family wedding taking part on a school day (not travelling to a wedding)
• Family crisis.
• Visit to new school – only if family is relocating.
Absences not allowed under any circumstances - unauthorised
• Routine dental & optical check-ups.
• Family holiday no matter what length.
• Family trips.
• Leaving early to travel to an event.
• Visit to new school - family not relocating.
All requests for absence must be placed in writing, prior to the event, on the form provided on the school’s website or from the school office. Parents will then be informed of the outcome upon return of the form.
If your child has persistent absences due to illness or has an unexplained absence we will require confirmation via a doctor’s note.
We believe that the majority of our parents realise that every lesson counts and encourage regular attendance at school. We have high expectations of our children. You have high expectations of us. These expectations cannot be met if your child is absent from school.
Headteacher: Mr Lee Wood
Pattishall CE Primary School | School Road | Pattishall | Towcester | Northants | NN12 8NE